Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Nutcracker

Photo Credit

Last night, I went to the Nutcracker performed by Ballet West with my choir. We sang out on a little balcony as people came in and during intermission. I had a lot of fun with that.

The view from my seat.
Our seats were way up in the nosebleeds, but I still feel like I got a really good seat. I was literally in the very center. It was wonderful. And you know what? Even from way up there I could still see their calves! It was so crazy.

The performance itself was outstanding, I was thoroughly impressed. Ballet is so beautiful. They dance with complete control. Every motion is fluid, each placement exact and, without ever saying a word, an entire story is told. I loved to watch and realize how much work it must have taken to accomplish the skills that they had.

Overall, it was a really good experience. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment