Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Times Like These

It's times like these that I wonder to myself, "Why am I not even remotely crafty?"

And by times like these, I mean the times that I spend a significant amount of time perusing the pictures posted on Pinterest, marveling at the darling nature of the crafty and feminine projects that those I "follow" have deemed worthy to pin on one of their numerous "boards."

(I hope you've caught on to my Pinterest terminology--I'm fairly certain that it's all straightforward, but I'm in one of those moods so just go with it.)

Here's the thing, kids--

I'm not even crafty enough to recognize that something is a cute idea until I see it categorized and pinned with a detailed caption explaining the process and purpose.

I don't scrapbook. I don't sew. I don't do hair. Or make up. I don't draw. I don't paint. I don't knit. I don't dance. I don't cook. I don't play an instrument. I don't decorate.

For crying out loud, I can't even iron a skirt without setting aside the entire morning to do it.


The above picture is one of me attempting to be crafty by weaving leaves into a ring. The photograph also doubles as a visual aid to the depict my vast array of hair-doing knowledge--braid the whispies and pony tail the rest, baby.

As you can see, there is ample room for improvement.

I recognize that for many people, lacking these qualities is not much of a problem. For me, however, it is. Because here's the thing--I have a deep desire to have the ability. And even though there's all those quotes out there about things being 99% determination and stuff, it just hasn't worked out for me.

At this point, I don't know what else to say to all you many, many people who care so deeply about me and my various concerns. So, I guess I'll share my hopes and my dreams now.

I hope and I dream that someday, someway, somehow, I will be hit with a stroke of creativity and craftiness and all associated housewife qualities--preferably by the time that my one true love and I are man and wife.

Until then, I guess I'll just have to watch and learn. Keep trying. That kind of thing.

1 comment: