Sunday, March 13, 2011

Matilda

Photo Credit

I grew up on this movie. It is great. I aspired to be just like her. For a long time, I only checked out books from the "grown-up" part of the library, because Matilda always read things like Moby Dick (which, by the way, I checked out and fully intended to read...until I got bored). Then I realized that I had been doing it all wrong, I was supposed to read all the books in the children's library first. I was distraught. Clearly I had ruined all chances of developing Matilda Mind Powers because I had failed to complete the steps in the correct order. Just the same, I kept on reading books of all kinds and watching the movie on several occasions. If you have not seen this movie yet, you absolutely must. It's a classic, and you just can't beat that.

Okay, I originally planned to post all the wonderful quotes from this movie. But it was taking too long, and I found this link that includes everything you could ever dream of as far as Matilda quotes go. Instead of typing them all out, I strongly encourage you to visit that little link and indulge yourself in some wonderful memories and hilarious lines. (And, if you will, forgive a few of their mistakes. They are minor ones.)

No comments:

Post a Comment