Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Favorite Weekend of the Year is a Bi-Annual Thing

It's days like that I remember why life is so great. For four hours, I have had the blessing and opportunity to hear the words of the Lord as given by His servants--His prophets and apostles living on the earth today. Not only that, but I will have the ability to do the same thing again tomorrow. I love general conference.

Favorite quote so far?

We must look up and step up, for I know that as we do we will cheer up.
--Elder Carl B. Cook

Whether or not you had the opportunity to watch the first two sessions today, I would like to invite any who read this to participate in the final two sessions tomorrow--you can watch it on a live stream online here at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. MST. In a few days, all talks given throughout conference will be posted here if you wish to look over the text or videos then. I promise that there is nothing like the feeling that comes as you prayerfully, peacefully, thoughtfully and fully listen--not only with your ears, but also with your heart--to the words that our Father in Heaven wishes us, His children, to hear. It is peace, it is love, it is charity, and it is something that can't fully be described in words. I testify of the truthfulness of this Gospel, of the validity of the words spoken by the prophets and apostles of the Lord, and of the reality of a living Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment