Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fresh Air

Windows closed.

In every sense. Well, maybe not every sense. I mean, it's not like all the opportunities in life are closed off or anything. But just that all of the windows in my apartment are always closed. The blinds, the windows themselves, closed.

And I just think that it's really odd. It's lovely outside. Why not let a little of the lovely in? You know?

Plus it's just really stuffy in here.

So, I've taken it upon myself to open windows as I go by. The moment my roommate leaves, I open our bedroom window. When I'm cooking in the kitchen, I open the kitchen window. I bask in the fresh air that doesn't smell like carpet cleaner and the stale stench of fragrant food still hanging thick days later. I hear the birds and the soft wind chimes. Ah, I think to myself, much better. And it is.

I leave the room for one reason or another, and by the time I've returned, the windows are closed again.

I can't help but laugh to myself. I just think it's funny.

2 comments: