Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dressing Up

I love dressing up. Don't go thinking that this is an ode to Halloween post, because it isn't. In all honesty, I'm more likely to dress up on any day that isn't Halloween. For some reason, I don't get incredibly into this particular holiday. But I do absolutely love to dress up.

People talk about dressing up as a chance to be something that you aren't. I don't really know about that. I like it more because it's a chance to bring something out in me that isn't usually there. It's a chance to be something that I want to be. Which makes me stop and think: wait a minute, I have that chance all the time. Every day is a new opportunity to be who and what I want to be. I don't have to wait for Halloween or a spirit week. I don't even have to dress up - I can be what I want as I live my everyday life. So why not? Why not view every single day as an opportunity to be what I want to be? To "dress up" on the inside? To make of myself whatever I want to? There is nothing holding me back.

So, I will. I am going to be what I want to be. I will stand out. I will do what is right. I will do what I love. I will live every day. And occasionally, I will manifest this through dressing up. Care to join?

No comments:

Post a Comment