Friday, December 10, 2010

I Love Love

Don't you? Not the sick PDA crap, but the simple love, the perfect love. The kind of love you see in a couple journeying through life together. The kind you see as they celebrate each other's successes, and provide quiet comfort in times of sorrow. The kind of love you see in a mother's embrace; in her quiet and steady support of her husband and children. The kind you see as a father tenderly holds his child for the first time; as he provides for and protects his family. The kind you see in a old couple holding hands walking through the park or sitting and talking on the bench. The kind you see in their eyes- the same light glimmering that sparked 50 years ago.

Eternal love. 

I love that love. I'm excited to know that love - to give and to receive it. To become a wife, a mother, a grandmother. To have a husband standing with me, side by side, as my best friend. To watch his love for our children from the corner of the room. To grow old together and see that same spark in his eyes 50 years down the road. To have this true love for eternity.





  
When I fall in love it will be forever,
or I'll never fall in love. 
In a restless world, like this is,
love is ended before it's begun.
And too many moonlight kisses
seem to cool in the warmth of the sun.

When I give my heart,  it will be completely,
or I'll never give my heart. 
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
is when I fall in love with you.

And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
is when I fall in love with you. 
-Nat King Cole, When I Fall in Love
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I agree full-heartedly. You said it perfectly. The world has created a retarded and fake replacement for what love really is but you described what I believe is the real thing.

    ReplyDelete