Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Kite Runner

Photo Credit

This book is outstanding. Well-written, beautifully painted, this novel tells a story different from most I've read. Obviously. It follows the life of a boy who grew up in Afghanistan and depicts what life was like there, how it has changed. It gave me a perspective I never would have found otherwise. I loved and hated characters at the same time. I laughed out loud, I panicked, I was shocked at parts. I couldn't put it down. It's a story about friendship, betrayal, loyalty, relationships, sin, and forgiveness. In the end, I guess you could say this book is about redemption. It's about life - the good and the bad, and it shifted how I view my own life. Khaled Hosseini created something absolutely beautiful with The Kite Runner.

#21-3 complete.

1 comment: