Sunday, April 24, 2011

Revelation

Revelation:
the communication of truth to men
by God himself

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I testify that God speaks to us in these days. I testify that He knows each of us, He loves us--none more than another--and that He has a message prepared for each of us to receive. I testify that the heavens remain open, and that the Lord continues to reveal His word to us today.

Though I have never seen the face of God or been visited by an angel, the words that He would have me hear have been delivered to me. I have heard His words in the voices of His prophets, I seen His example in the actions of my friends, I have felt His message in my heart. When I earnestly strive to hear His voice, I realize that it is everywhere. Everywhere, I feel His guidance, His encouragement, and His love. Everywhere, I am reminded that I am a daughter of God. His voice is in the scriptures, it is in my safety, it is in the quiet whisperings of His spirit. It is everywhere--I know that I am guided by Him. I know that He loves me, and I know that He would not leave me without guidance. He would not leave any of us without guidance. 

If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

If we ask of Him, He will guide us. All of us. "If any of ye lack wisdom." God continues to reveal truths, counsel, and unfailing love to us--in these latter days, and in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment