Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exaltation

Exaltation:
elevation to the highest degree
in which all powers are increased

Eternal life is the phrase used in scriptures to define the quality of life that our Eternal Father lives. The Lord declared, "This is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). Immortality is to live forever as a resurrected being. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, everyone will receive this gift. Eternal life, or exaltation, is to live in God's presence and to continue as families (see D&C 131:1-4). Like immortality, this gift is made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. However, to inherit eternal life requires our "obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel" (Articles of Faith 1:3).
--lds.org definition of Eternal Life

Photo Credit

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Sophie Blair (Amber and Lauren and Kristen's sister, although I hope that explanation wasn't necessary), and I juuuust wanted to say that that was exACTly what I needed to hear. Really. So thank you for writing it. And if you find it creepy that I read your blog without you even knowing me...then...well, that's unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete