Monday, May 14, 2012

{Thoughts} Growing Roots

People don't usually believe me when I tell them that I'm shy. I am though. It isn't rare for me to slink back into the most hidden corner that I can find when I go somewhere new. A part of me hopes that a kind soul will reach out and offer a friendship, but mostly I hope that no one will see me and no one will  notice me. I guess it just comes down to a fear of the friendship lasting no longer than the hour that we're there, and then me being left back where I started. Sometimes it's easier to be alone than to have someone and lose them.

People probably don't believe me because I try to act otherwise. Rather than waiting to be plopped into the perfect pot of dirt to grow in, pick up the shovel and start digging yourself.

Easier said than done, right?

I was once told that you should always make wherever you are home. Even if you only think you'll be there for two months--even if you'll only be there two weeks. Be where your feet are. Immerse yourself in the moment. Strive to be your very best--always.

Photo Credit

You may not be planted where you always thought that you would be. Instead, you are creating more beauty than you will ever know.

---------------------------------

Conference Weekly talk found here.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a winner. I am glad to have met you. :) Email me so I can add you to my blog! It is private for a while. :/

    shelby.ballif@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete