Monday, February 6, 2012

June 9, 2012

Today my official marathon training program started. Today I ran three quarter-mile hill repeats--nothing too long, nothing too fast, but man it sure did feel good.

Today I could conquer the world if it came up against me. I feel so strong, so blessed, so supported. I can do hard things. And this will be hard. This will be months and months of early mornings and healthy food. It will be working hard and early bed times. It will be running my butt off, it will be strength training, it will be a whole lot of icing the entirety of my aching-so-good body. (Similarly, it may be a cortisone shot, though I certainly hope to never reach that point.) It will be pushing past feelings of inadequacy, and it will be digging down to the deepest part of me on a regular basis.

I will overcome my fears and my roadblocks. I will work towards my goals and I will achieve something fantastic.

123 days to go. The countdown begins today.

1 comment:

  1. Jealousy is leaking from my very fingers.


    Then again, give and take.

    When I return, it shall be like a new ride at Disneyland. You are strong! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete