Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dark Blue

Some songs demand my attention. I hear the first few notes and immediately drop whatever I'm doing. I associate it with memories and emotion, and I want to completely soak them in.

Dark Blue is one of those.

I never particularly cared for this song until my roommate, Cali, made a most marvelous comment:

"I hope my husband is like this song. I know it inside and out, every little detail of it. But it never gets old. I still get so excited every time I hear it."

And, suddenly, I can't get enough of it. All I want to do is listen to it over and over. I look it up and I put it on repeat. I should probably just buy the thing, but that is a concern for another day.

The point is that I hear this song and, in my mind, I hear those words. And for some reason those words bring me such peace and hope. Hope that someday I can find a this song to my life.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. As are you. I am so happy our paths crossed in your kitchen last year.

    (I love how weird that sounds)

    That's beautiful what Cali said.

    And I LOVE THAT SONG AS WELL. Good memories.

    shelbylanece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete